Friday, July 12, 2013

Let's try this again....

Well, this is my second attempt at blogging and I will try to be more consistent with my posts this time around. The last 18 months have been interesting, to say the least. My son Bailey graduated from ACU, got married and started a new job. My daughter Emily graduated from ACU, got married and is about to start a new job. Both have settled in the area about three blocks from each other, but not too close to their parents (by design, I'm sure).

My 93 year old father spent a month in the hospital which culminated in major surgery, which he came through like a champ. Lynette also had major surgery and had an additional two hospital stays as a result. I came down with a staff infection that became sepsis (blood poisoning) and spent a week in the hospital with an additional four weeks of in-home antibiotic infusion. This was followed by surgery four days after Emily's wedding and another month of recouperation. 

We daily praise God for blessing our family through the wonderful times and the difficult ones. It has been tough, to say the least. For the first time in a couple of years, Lynette and I are feeling like the stresses of life are easing. However, we do not assume everything will be easy moving forward. We have taken a look at our priorities and have decided to intentionaly relieve ourselves of some of the "stuff" in our lives. Twenty-seven years of marriage can produce a lot of baggage - literal and metaphorical. Our goal this year is to purge our lives of the things that prevent us from having a closer relationsh with God, our families, each other, our friends and those in need.

I'm not sure how successful we will ultimately be, but any step in the right direction will be positive. God is consistently good, even when we are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment